9.3.04

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I have an English friend and this one is for him. He's not a Manchester United supporter but rather a QPR's fan (I'm sorry Elliot but I don't think anyone has ever heard about it here!). This afternoon, before the big match (I'm still too excited to talk about it just yet), he asked me Do you think Porto will beat Man Utd tonight!? I didn't answer, thought it would bring bad luck to even think about it. If he'd ask whether I thought Porto was capable of doing it, I would have said "definitely". But I preferred not to talk about it.

We started of as more than one time a month letter pen pals over 10 years ago and went on to the occasional e-mail. We've shared thoughts and feelings throughout all these years and in spite of the distance I always felt as though he was there for me. I've met his girlfriends, he's met my boyfriends. Now that I think about it, he's one of my oldest friends. And although we've only met face to face about 4 times if I recall correctly, I don't think I'm lying if I say that we can go without talking for years and still pick up where we left off.

We have a couple of things in common one of them being we write a lot. We write a lot more than we speak, actually. He was probably the only one of my pen-friends who wrote letters I was really longing for to read because they were huge an full of stuff to read. I never liked those pen friends who wrote things like I'm ok, How are you, the weather is fine. And he is not like that at all. He always has lots of stuff to say and I love reading them. He is probably one of the reasons why I'm able to express myself in English almost as I was speaking my mother tongue. I practiced a lot with him and I'm thankful for that.

I really like him but... Porto did beat Man Utd! And I was so happy, so proud of that team it is difficult to put in words. I almost had a heart attack in those last suffocating minutes but I think it was a great victory. Specially after what that arrogant coach (the queen should really rethink her policy, she's giving away too much of those Sir titles to people who don't deserve them!) had been saying this week. Who are the girls now? I guess that would be you, loosers! You rich bastards with a budget that would cover all Portuguese First League teams expenses for an entire year!

I don't even know if he was really keeping his fingers crossed for Manchester or if he couldn't care less but either way, it doesn't matter anymore because my Porto won, yes they did. The ones who never give up without a fight, the ones who never stop running till they can't run anymore, the ones that win, just like it said on the article I copy pasted in my last post.

Yes Elliot, I did think Porto was going to beat Man Utd tonight. I just didn't want you to think I was so full of myself If I admited to that. I wish I was 300 kms up North. Tonight I would have celebrated on the streets because I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!